Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Foot: Parent Report Cards

On the Today Show, Hoda Kotb and Kathy Lee Gifford reported on a new kind of report card. This one is projected to be evaluated on parents. Cheers! I mentioned in a post for Dr. Pytash's class that we need to hold parents accountable. People expect teachers to do everything and that's simply not their jobs. Like Gifford mentioned, it's not a teachers job to teach morals and values. I'm not sure how the report card will be implemented, but I can see this as something to come in the future. First students were evaluated, then teachers were, and now finally parents. It really is a disadvantage for a students to have a parent that simply doesn't care. I was fortunate enough to have two parents that taught me about life outside of the classroom as well as made sure my schoolwork was done correctly before I went back the next day. In order to get students on a relative same track, I think parents being accountable and knowing that they will be held to a standard might improve at least some of them. Does anybody have any other ideas on keeping people accountable in the school system? How well do you think this new report card will go over? I cannot find the link to the Today Show website that has the information on the report card at this moment. I will keep looking and hope to post it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment